ТОР 5 статей:
Find the main word in the following phrases. Translate these phrases.
mold cavity, mold size, mold type, metal casting method, metal pouring method, cooling process, metal cooling process.
Read the folowing sentences. Translate the underlined gerunds.
1) Producing metal objects in a foundry is called casting.
2) Melting takes place in a furnace.
3) After pouring metal into the mold it cools there.
4) Molding is a very important operation in casting.
5) In forming a mold certain materials must be used.
6) Molds are made by molding.
7) Casting is taken out from the mold after solidifying.
25. Read the following text. Translate it and find sentences describing:
1) процесс изготовления отливок;
2) последовательность операций, производимых с литейным металлом;
3) факторы, влияющие на выбор литейного метода.
Casting is the process of forming metal objects in a foundry. A foundry is an industrial establishment for producing castings. Castings are obtained by melting metal in a furnace and pouring it into a mold, where the cast metal cools and solidifies taking the shape of the mold. The shape of the object depends upon the shape of mold cavity. The most important of cast metals is cast iron. It is made in a special furnace called a cupola. From the cupola the cast iron flows into ladles and from these it is poured into molds.
Metal casting methods may be classified into some groups depending on the type of mold used and the way in which the molten metal is poured into the mold.