ТОР 5 статей:
VI. Прочтите и устно переведите с 1-го по 5-й абзацы текста. Перепишите и письменно переведите 1, 2 и 4-й абзацы текста.
1. London is the capital of the United Kingdom of Great Britain. It lies on either side of the River Thames. The population of London is 6,904,600; the area is 1,579 sq. km. London is more than two thousand years old. It is the United Kingdom’s main center of population, commerce and culture and the largest port in England.
2. There are many places of interest in London. One of them is Trafalgar Square with Nelson’s monument 145 feet high. The Houses of Parliament, built in 1840 on the site of a former royal palace, are steeped in pomp and tradition, ceremony and splendor. Tourism and retail trade are among the major sectors of the city’s economy. And, because London is the nation’s capital, government services are also an important sector.
3. Buckingham Palace is the Royal Residence; it is the London home of the Queen. When the flag is flying on the top she is at home. Now Buckingham Palace is the Royal Residence of the Head of State – Queen Elizabeth II.
4. London is known all over the world for its green parks. The most celebrated parklands are the six royal parks that sweep through London’s West End. Hyde Park is the most popular. It is the largest park in London as well as one of the royal parks.
5. London is the center of the country’s cultural life. There are many picture galleries and museums here. The National Gallery and the others house a priceless collection of paintings. Founded in 1735, the British Museum is a treasure house of the works of man from prehistoric times to the present day. There are important displays of antiquities from Egypt, Western Asia, Greece, Rome and the East.
Не нашли, что искали? Воспользуйтесь поиском: