ТОР 5 статей:
Infra-red waves can be stopped by glass.
Energy release may do some useful work.
3. Soon we’ll be able to understand many phenomena which occur on the solar
Today the scientists must concentrate their attention on the production of
The samples are to be analyzed at our laboratory.
The laboratory assistant had to check up the readings of the recorder
IV. Перепишите и письменно переведите 1, 2 и 3-й абзацы текста.
YURY GAGARIN ( 1934 – 1968 )
In the 1960s satellites were traveling at speeds approaching Mach 25. It was only a matter of time before men were placed in them. In the Soviet Union and in the USA men were undergoing training for this purpose. They were called cosmonauts in the Soviet Union and astronauts in the United States.
2. The first man to fly into space was Yury Gagarin. On Wednesday, April 12, 1961 at 9.07 a.m. Moscow time, the sputnik-spaceship “Vostok” was launched into space with a man on board. This man was the first cosmonaut, Yury Gagarin.
3. Yury Gagarin, the son of a carpenter, was born near Gzhatsk ( now Gagarin ), Smolensk region on the 9th of March, 1934. His early education was interrupted by the war. After the war he attended a vocational school and then a technical industrial school. His interest in flying led him to the Orenburg Flying School from which he graduated with honors as an air force lieutenant in 1957. After serving as a test pilot, he joined the group of cosmonauts in training for orbital flight and it was upon him that the choice fell in 1961.
4. On April 12, 1961, Gagarin became the first man placed in orbit around the Earth. He remained in orbit 1 hour and 48 minutes, rising as high above the surface as 187,66 miles and traveling at a velocity that reached 17,000 miles an hour. So on April 12, 1961, mankind entered a new era – the era of mastering space age.
5. Yury Gagarin died tragically in an airplane crash near Kirzhach on the 27th of March, 196
CONTROL WORK N 3
Для того, чтобы выполнить контрольную работу N 3, необходимо усвоить следующие разделы курса английского языка по рекомендованному учебнику.