ТОР 5 статей:
A Fill in the gaps with the following words. There are some words you do not need.
GOING-AWAY PARTY BONFIRE RECEPTION PARADE COSTUME FEAST DISPLAY FLAG FIREWORKS CELEBRATION BIRTHDAY COMMEMORATE EVENT
1. People of my country light a ________ in the open air at night to celebrate a religious festival
2. They are planning to ________Mother Teresa for her call to peace.
3. Tom put on a beautiful ________ during his wedding party.
4. There were hundreds of ________ displayed in the sky to welcome the national football team.
5. There was an interesting ________ at the Gallery last week celebrating a national event.
6. He proudly held the ________ of his country and made a tour around the stadium when he broke the 1500 metres record.
7. The host prepared a big ________ for the special guests
8. We're going to organise a ________ for my brother because he is going overseas for a year to study.
9. The president who visited our country last week was given an enthusiastic ________.
10. The lady lit just four candles on her fortieth ________.
3c Listen again to the conversation and complete the missing information 1-4 on the programme.
3d Listen again and complete different ways of making suggestions, asking for ideas and responding to suggestions from the conversation.
3e Complete these suggestions with the correct form ofgo,playorvisit. Use each verb twice.
1 Why don’t we a museum this weekend?
2 Let’s tennis this weekend.
3 What about to the cinema this weekend?
4 I’d like to the theatre this weekend.
5 What about an art gallery this weekend?
6 I’d like football this weekend.
3f Listen to the end of the conversation and answer the questions. Track 21.
1 Does Andy think having the food market in the afternoon is a really good idea?
2 Does Andy think going for something to eat is a really a good idea?
3 Does Cassie think having a burger is a really good idea?
3g Listen to the wordOK.Which intonation shows strong interest or enthusiasm and which shows weak interest or no enthusiasm, a) or b)? Then practice with your partner.
3h Listen to some more examples. Which intonation do you hear? Strong interest (SI) or weak interest (WI)? Track 23.
1 Great idea.