ТОР 5 статей:
UNIT 5 FINANCIAL REPORTING
Discuss the following questions with your partners:
● Why is the end of financial year an extremely busy time for accountants?
● In what forms do accountants present information about a company’s financial performance to the people interested in it?
Compare your findings with the information given below.
Financial statements are important reports. They show how a business is doing and are very useful internally for a company's stockholders and to its board of directors, its managers and some employees, including labor unions. Externally, they are important to prospective investors, to government agencies responsible for taxing and regulating, to lenders such as banks and credit rating agencies, and to investment analysts and stockbrokers.
All public companies are required to prepare documents showing the company's financial performance at regular periodic intervals. Most companies prepare annual statements; others prepare them semiannually, quarterly or as often as monthly. These show the financial wealth of a company (how much it owes and owns) but can be manipulated. It is often required that statements for external consumption be audited by independent accounting firms.
Financial Statements by Veronica Romualdez, eHow Contributor
Make sure you know the following words and word combinations.
1.Read the text and draw up an outline of it; make use of the items given below and rearrange them in the proper order.
- Types of financial statements
- International financial reporting standards
- Purposes of financial statements
- Moving to electronic financial statements
- Definition of financial statements
Не нашли, что искали? Воспользуйтесь поиском: