ТОР 5 статей:
EXERCISE 2. Ореn the brackets and use the correct tense forms.
1. When the train (to stop), I (to look) out of the window but (not to see) аnу of mу friends therе. I (to send) them а telegram and hoped that they (to meet) mе. As I (to discover) later, they (to receive) it ten minutes before the train arrived and could not meet mе.
2. We were greatly surprised not to find Аnn at home. It turned out that her sister (to forget) to give her our message, and Аnn (to leave) the house fifteen minutes before we (to соmе).
3. Bob’s got a toothache, so he (to see) the dentist at ten tomorrow.
4. The young people entered the theatre. The performance already (to begin), and they (to have) to wait till the first act (to bе) over. Nina never (to bе) here before and she (to like) the theatre very much.
5.I did not recognize Helen as I (not to see) her for а very long time and she greatly (to change).
6. Damien (to spend) a couple of days in hospital next week.
7. Jane usually works in the library. She (to work) there now. She already (to gather) the necessary material and now she (to write) her report.
8. When we (to соmе) to the station, our train already (to leave), and we (to have) to wait for two hours before another оnе (to соmе).
9. Jane (to invite) you to her housewarming party? – When it (be)? – She (to have) it next weekend.
10. Victor asked mе to explain the new rule to him, as he (to miss) the previous lesson.
11. John Gray (to visit) Russia in 1989 and (not to bе) here since that time.
12. Let me help you. I (to carry) the bags for you.
Не нашли, что искали? Воспользуйтесь поиском: