ТОР 5 статей:
Exercise 2.15. Work in pairs. Practise making orders from room service using the menu in ex.2.13. Change roles.
Exercise 2.16. What do you say if the service is not available?
I’m sorry, it’s closed at the moment.
I’m afraid, it’s not available now, it closed at 6 p.m.
I’m very sorry, but it opens tomorrow at 5 p.m.
I’m sorry, it doesn’t open until 8 a.m.
Answer the questions using your own words.
1. Guest Can we use the Business Centre from 9 am on
Employee (it opens at 10 am on Saturday)
2. Guest Is it OK to use the pool on Sunday evening?
Employee (the pool closes at 6 pm on Sundays)
3. Guest The fitness centre seems to be locked at the moment.
Employee (it is now 6.30 am – it opens at 7 am)
Exercise 2.17. Answer the questions:
1. What are the functions of the catering department?
2. What is the difference between the catering and restaurant services?
3. What types of catering can you name?
4. What is a banquet?
5. What fifteen points should you determine organizing a banquet?
6. Describe room service.
exclusive of not including
fare healthy, simple food
farewell dinner a party that you have because someone is leaving soon
fee an amount of money that you pay to a professional
person for their work
galley a kitchen on a ship
premises the building and land that a shop, restaurant, company
sirloin expensive meat cut from a cow’s lower back
1. Binham Philip. Restaurant English. Pergamon Press Ltd, Oxford, 1985.
2. Elison Pohl. Test your Professional English. Hotel and Catering. Penguin English, 2002.
3. Eugene J.Hall. The language of Restaurants and Catering in English. A Simon & Shuster Company, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey, 2010.
4. Neil Wood. Tourism and Catering. Oxford University Press, 2007.
5. Trish Stott, Rod Revell. Highly Recommended. Oxford University Press, 2007.
6. Francis O’Hara. Be My Guest. Cambridge University Press, 2008.
7. Воробьева С.А. Restaurant business. М.ФИЛОМАТИС, 2004.
8. Гончарова Т.А. English for the Hotel Industry. Academia, 2004.
9. Жулидов С.Б. The Restaurant Business. Юнити, 2006.
10. Федорова О.Н. Английский язык для профессионального развития: Ресторан и кейтеринговый бизнес. Москва, Флинта, 2007.
Не нашли, что искали? Воспользуйтесь поиском: