ТОР 5 статей:
Rescue workers saved four people.
Rescue workers pulled a man, a woman, and two children from the cold, rushing water. The mother and her two daughters got into trouble first. Their car drove off the road into the water. The man, a truck driver, almost died when he tried to save them.
The trouble started when Mrs. Leslie Cady lost control of her car on a winding mountain road. The car fell down thirty feet from the road into the water. It rolled over once and landed right side up in the rushing water. All three people were wearing their seatbelts. Nobody was hurt by the fall. However, they couldn’t leave the car. The water outside was too cold and too fast for safe swimming.
The rescue started almost immediately. Another driver told the police about the trouble. The police called special rescue workers and a truck to pull the car out.
The driver of the truck, Paul Ruter, arrived before the other rescue workers. Immediately he took a rope from his truck and began to walk through the rushing water to the car. Then he got into the trouble, too.
The water was too fast, the ground was slippery, and he got caught in the ropes. He went under the water by the car. Mrs. Cady saw him and reached for his hand. She pulled as hard as she could and brought him to the car door.
Next the other rescue workers arrived. They put on special suits to stay warm. They brought safety ropes, life jackets, tire tubes, and warm blankets. First they pulled the people out of the back window onto the top of the car. Then they swam with each person to the shore. They saved Mr. Ruter, Mrs. Cady, and the little girls.
Finally all the people went to hospital. Nobody was hurt badly. The rescue workers said that they all were lucky to be alive.
Exercise 4.3.3.Complete the Table:
Exercise 4.3.4. Insert the prepositions where necessary.
1. The mother and her two daughters got …trouble first.
2. Their car drove …the road into the water.
3. The trouble started when Mrs. Leslie Cady lost control… her car … a winding mountain road.
4. The car fell down thirty feet from the road…the water.
5. It rolled …once and landed right side up in the rushing water.
6. Nobody was hurt …the fall.
7. The water outside was too cold and too fast … safe swimming.
8. Another driver told the police …the trouble
9. The police called special rescue workers and a truck to pull the car ….
10. The driver of the truck, Paul Ruter, arrived …the other rescue workers
11. Immediately he took a rope from his truck and he began to walk …the rushing water to the car.
12. The water was too fast, the ground was slippery, and he got caught …the ropes.
13. Mrs. Cady saw him and reached …his hand.
14. They put …special suits to stay warm.
15. First they pulled the people … …the back window …the top of the car.
Exercise 4.3.5. Check your memory.Speak about an accident which happened to the people in the text.
Exercise 4.3.6.Do you remember any accidents which happened to you or your friends or relatives?
Write a short story describing this accident.
Не нашли, что искали? Воспользуйтесь поиском: