ТОР 5 статей:
This woman has lost her job.
Mrs. Clark and her daughter Sarah have been out shopping, and they have just returned home.
Mrs. Clark has just opened a letter; and she’s received bad news. She has lost her job!
For the past year she’s worked as a private secretary for a rich musician. Now the musician has decided to stop working, and he’s asked Mrs. Clark to find another job.
Mrs. Clark is the only money earner in the family, since her husband is no longer living.
The letter has upset Mrs. Clark very much. She’s crying. She’s recently bought a new house, a new car, and many new clothes for her job. She hasn’t paid for them yet.
Now she may not be able to pay for them, because she hasn’t saved much money.
Sarah has heard the bad news, but she really doesn’t understand much about money.
She’s more worried about her mother. Mrs. Clark has never cried in front of her daughter before.
Exercise 3.Change each sentence into a general (Yes/No) question.
Example: Mrs. Clark and Sarah have been out shopping.
Have Mrs. Clark and Sarah been out shopping?
1. They have just returned home.
2. Mrs. Clark has just opened a letter.
3. She’s worked as a private secretary for a rich musician
4. She has lost her job.
5. The musician has decided to stop working.
6. The letter has upset Mrs. Clark very much.
7. She’s recently bought a new house.
8. Sarah has heard the bad news.
9. Mrs. Clark has never cried in front of her daughter before.
Exercise R 2.1.Complete the text. Use the Past Simple of the verbs.
Tanni Grey-Thompson is one of the most successful disabled athletes in the world. She (1) _______(be) born with spinal bifida, so she (2) _____ (not can) walk and (3) ________ (have to) use a wheelchair. At school her teachers (4) _______ (not expect) her to be good at sport but her disability (5)______ (not stop) her and she (6) ______(swim) and (7) _____ (play) basketball. Then she (8) ______ (see) the London Marathon on TV and (9) _______(decide) to try athletics. At the age of fifteen she (10) _______(represent) Wales in the Junior National Games and (11) _______
(come) first in the 100 metres. Between 1992 and 2004 she (12) _______
(win) sixteen Paralympic medals and (14) _______ (break) 30 World records. She (15) _______ (retire) from wheelchair racing in 2007.
Exercise R 2.2.Put the words in the correct order to make questions.
1. last / what / you / did / night / do ?
What did you do last night?
2. last / you / what / do / did / Sunday/?
3. you / how many hours / last night / did / sleep ?
4. do / on your birthday / did / what / you / ?
5. did / last summer / where / go / you / on / holiday/ ?
6. you / did / when / last time / to the stadium / go / ?
Exercise R2.3. Complete the article with the words in the box.
attacking, said, clear, eventually, heard, professional, screamed, swimming, thought, was
Не нашли, что искали? Воспользуйтесь поиском: