ТОР 5 статей:
Поставьте глаголы в скобках в нужную форму. Для этого переведите предложения дословно и к каждому глаголу задайте вопрос.
1. Walking down the street, Mr. Pitt saw a little funny pig lying in a puddle.
2. You should read to get information.
3. The first Europeans visiting Easter Island discovered that the inhabitants included a race of white men with beards.
4. The best way to write one’s life story is fiction based on a lot of imagination.
5. No one treats memoirs seriously, they are written when one has nothing else to do.
6. They found the stolen purse in a waste bin.
7. A hobby is a waste of time distracting you from your professional career.
8. The majority of road accidents result from careless driving.
9. I cannot make up my mind what to do next.
10. Chosing a menu for supper is not a decision that is taken easily.
11. I didn’t have to wait for the manager, the secretary signed the paper.
12. When I reached my place I could hardly keep my eyes open, so I went straight to bed.
A. Which of the two words “accident” or “incident” would you apply to the following situations?
1. Your mother burns herself with an electric iron. accident
2. You leave the key in the lock of your front door. accident
3. There is a confrontation between some strikers and the police. incident
4. Some workmen on a building site are injured by fallen bricks. accident
5. During a performance of “Hamlet” a cat walks onto the stage. incident
6. A bomb explodes in a street in Central London. incident
7. A friend of yours drops tea on a book which you have lent him. accident
8. Some foreign soldiers are driven back by border guards. incident
9. A car crashes into a tree. accident
10. While walking along the street you are stopped by a man who mistakes you for a friend of his. incident
11. A forest fire is started by a cigarette end thrown down by a hiker. accident
12. A holiday-maker is drowned while bathing. accident
13. A customer in a shop is unjustly accused of stealing. incident
14. An intruder manages to get into Buckingham Palace. incident
15. Your sister slips on the ice and breaks her arm. accident
B. Fill in the blanks with “excited” or “worried”.
1. – Why are you so … excited? – I am being taken to Paris!
2. – Why are you so … worried? – John is late from school.
3. I always get … worried when I have to take exams.
4. I always get … excited when I hear her perfect voice.
5. We were … worried because she might not arrive on time.
6. Tina was so … worried about the results of the test she could hardly breathe.
7. Tina was so … excited about that opportunity she could hardly speak.
8. The plan was good but we were a bit … worried all the same.
9. I was very … excited and looked forward to meeting Jack.
10. All the candidates were … worried in the forthcoming elections.
11. People get … excited when they get good news and … worried when the news is disquieting.
12. The children were … excited after the Circus and it was difficult to make them go to bed.
C. Fill in the blanks with “case” or “occasion”.
1. I haven’t had an … occasion to speak to the director yet.
2. I’ve seen Mr. Pitt on several … occasions. He is quite an intelligent person.
3. The … case is clear. You have spent all the money I gave you.
4. A birthday party is always a happy … occasion for children.
5. There was a similar … case when I worked at the city hospital.
6. I’ve bought a bottle of Champaign in … case Pete comes.
7. His insulting remark was the … case of a bitter quarrel.
8. I heard you were offered a job with “IRU”? I think you should take this … occasion .
9. They settled the … case out of court.
10. I peeped in this shop on numerous … occasions when I worked near there.
11. The lawyer managed to win the … case .
12. The doctors were not able to help him. The … case was hopeless.
Не нашли, что искали? Воспользуйтесь поиском: