ТОР 5 статей:
Соответствующие будущие-в-прошедшем времена.
21. Перепишите предложения в прошедшем времени, используя Future-in-the-Past.
1. Iam afraid I shall be late. 2. Do you think we shall pick all the apples in three days? 3. He hopes you will often visit him. 4. They expect he will be at home in a few days. 5. Are you afraid we shan't be in time? 6. She promises that she will finish the work in a week. 7. I think Henry will help us.
22. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глагол в Future Simple Future-in-the Past Simple.
1. I know we (not to be) late. 2. I knew we (not to be) late. 3. I want to know whether he (to be) at home. 4. I wanted to know whether he (to be) at-home. 5. "When you (to be) ready?" he asked. 6. He asked when I (to be) ready. 7. I can't say whether Bob (to do) the work perfectly, but he (to do) his best. 8. He asked me whether he (to see) Olga there. 9. Are you sure that we (to have) time to do that? 1Q. I was afraid he (to say): "I don't think I (to be) able to come." 11. I did not know what he (to speak) about.
23. Употребите следующие предложения как придаточные. В роли главных предложений используйте предложения, данные в скобках: (I supposed; He believed; She was sure; We were told; I heard; She said; He understood; She imagined; The letter said.)
E.g. My brother willbe sleeping.
I supposedthat my brother would be sleeping.
1. They will win the game. 2. I shall go to the south. 3. My sister will not forget to ring me up.
4. I shall have done my homework by nine o'clock. 5. The tourists will not return by sunset. 6. My friends will be waiting for me. 7. My friend will have returned by that time. 8. They will be working the whole evening. 9. He will solve the problem in no time. 10. The new film will be on in many cinemas. 11. The teacher will have corrected our papers by the beginning of the lesson. 12. She will not like this TV program. 13. The train will arrive on time. 14. The children will be playing in the yard. 15. All the newspapers will publish this information.
24. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глагол в требующемся времени.
1. Where is your luggage? — I (to leave) it the station. I (to take) it tomorrow when Nick (t come) to help me. 2.1 (to read) about an hour when he (to come). 3. The play (not yet to begin) and the people (to talk) in the hall. 4. Yesterday I (to buy)! a new pair of gloves, as I (to lose) the old ones,| 5. We (to walk) in silence. He already (to tell) me| all that (to be) interesting about himself, and I (to have) nothing to tell him. 6. The moon (not to rise), yet, and only two stars, like two distant lighthouses, (to shine) in the dark blue sky. 7. One night a little swallow (to fly) over the city. His friends (to' fly) away to Egypt six weeks before, but he (to stay) behind. 8. What you (to do) these three months? 9. Our train starts late in the evening, so if you (to come) at seven o'clock, we still (to pack) our luggage. 10. When you (to see) him last? 11. I (to meet) him when he (to walk) across the park. 12. You ever (to act) on the stage? — Why, yes, that's what I (to do) for the last six years. 13. Don't enter the bedroom! The child (to sleep) there, and he always (to wake) up when somebody (to open) the door.
25. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глагол в требующемся времени.
1. What you (to do) when I (to come) in? 2. When I (to come) to his house, they (to tell) me that he (to leave) an hour before'. 3. On checking up his answers he (to find) out that he (to make) several mistakes. 4. When 1 (to leave) home, the snow already (to stop), but a strong wind (to blow). 5. You (to read) this book? — Yes, I (to read) it. I (to think) it (to be) very interesting. 6. What the children (to do) now? — Oh, they (to play) the new table game which I (to buy) for them the day before yesterday. 7. They (to reach) the corner of the street by now and (to stand) at the bus stop. 8. After we (to walk) about two hours, we arrived at a picturesque glade covered with fresh grass. 9. We could not go out because it (to rain) hard since early morning. 10. She (to teach) at our school for twenty years now. 11. Ring me up as soon as you (to come) home. 12. He (to begin) to write his composition at three o'clock. It is already eleven, and he still (to write) it. He says he (to finish) it by twelve. 13. We (to help) our librarian to put the books in the right order for already three days, but we (to arrange) only half the books.
26. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глагол в требующемся времени.
1. The first person whom Andrew (to see) as he (to enter) was his old nurse. She (to sit) on the sofa. During the last five years she greatly (to change) and now (to look) a very old woman. 2. She is going to read the letter she just (to receive). 5. How long you (to wait) for me? I am really very sorry. 4. Yesterday I (to meet) a friend of mine whom I (not to see) for a long time. 5. Ring me up at eleven o'clock, I (not yet to sleep). H. You (to be) late for the concert if you (not to take) a taxi. 7. The sun (to set) a long time ago, and it (to begin) to get really cold. 8. When I (to come) home yesterday, my sister already (to return) and (to sit) at the fireplace looking through some old photographs. 9. He (to smoke) three cigarettes and (to look) through all the books on the shelf, when at last he (to hear) his friend's steps approaching the door. 10. He just (to approach) the door, when she (to enter). 11. He (to write) the composition for three hours and he (to say) he soon (to finish) it as he (to think) over the conclusion now. 12. Hardly I (to go) out when I (to remember) that I (to forget) to take my umbrella. 13. Where is the baby? — The nurse (to put) it to bed. 14. He said he (to work) for a long time without achieving good results.
27. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глагол в требующемся времени.
1. When I (to come) to Pete's house last Sunday, he (to read) a new book. He (to say) he (to give) it to me soon. Today I (to take) it from him. Now I (to read) it. I (to finish) it by4Friday. If you like, I (to give) it to you on Saturday when you (to come) to see me. 2. When will he come? We (to wait) for him for already half an hour. 3. On leaving the hall the students (to thank) the professor who (to deliver) the lecture. 4. We already (to cover) about ten miles when Peter, who (to look) out of the window for the last five or ten minutes, suddenly exclaimed: "Here is the station!" 5. When morning came, the storm already (to stop), but the snow still (to fall). 6. Yesterday by eight o'clock he (to finish) all his homework, and when I (to come) to his place at nine, he (to read). 7. I (to wait) for permission to go abroad for already three weeks, but I (not to receive) the visa yet. 8. Everybody (to be) at the door of the museum, but my friend (not yet to come). 9. We (to drink) tea-when the telephone (to ring). 19. Johnny noticed that everybody (to look) at him, and he (to feel) shy. 11. Light (to travel) more quickly than sound.
28. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глагол в требующемся времени.
1. Peter (to read) by the fireplace when the door (to open) and the maid (to enter). The cook (to follow) her. 2. When the mother (to satisfy) herself that the children (to sleep) peacefully in their beds, she (to take) out the Christmas presents and carefully (to put) them into the stockings which (to hang) at the beds. 3. If you (to ring) me up tomorrow, I (to tell) you all about it. 4. The lesson (not yet to begin), and the children (to talk) loudly in the corridor. 5.1 (to live) in St. Petersburg since 1991. 6. By the fifteenth of January the students (to pass) all the examinations. 7. The students (to write) the paper by dinner-time. 8. They (to sail) down the river for many hours before they (to come) to the village. 9.1 (not to be) to my home town for five years. 10. The rain (to stop) by the time we (to reach) home. 11. The message (to arrive) five minutes after he (to leave) the house. 12. It (to be) nearly eleven o'clock when we (to begin) doing this work. 13. At last the reply from my grandmother (to come), and my mother (to tell) me that she (to come) soon. 14. Here you (to be) at last! I (to wait) for you for twenty minutes. You (not to be) ashamed?
29. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глагол в требующемся времени.
1. The day (to be) cold and it (to rain). When I (to reach) home, my raincoat (to be) all wet. I (to take) it off, (to shake) the water off it, (to hang) it up and (to go) into the living-room. My children (to play) on the carpet. When they (to see) me, they (to jump) up and (to run) up to me. 2. I (to hear) this song several times already, but I cannot remember the words. I (to write) them down as soon as I (to hear) this song again. 3. Hardly he (to open) the suit-case, when he (to find) the tie which he (to think) he (to lose) long before. 4. Shut the door! The room (to be) full of smells which (to come) from the kitchen. Mother (not to like) kitchen smells in the room. 5. Last night he (to finish) the book which he (to begin) writing a year ago. 6. He said he (to listen) to the same stories for a long time. 7. By the evening he (to translate) ten pages. 8. You ever (to be) to the new stadium? — Yes, I (to be) there last Saturday. 9. The old lady was happy: she (not to see) her son for three years. 10. What you (to do) yesterday? 11. How many pages you (to translate) for today?
30. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глагол в требующемся времени.
1.You always (to spend) summer at the seaside? — Yes, as a rule. Last summer I (to go) to the mountains, but I (not to find) the rest there as pleasant as near the sea. 2. When they returned, they (to tell) us many interesting things which they (to see) during their journey. 3, When I (to leave) home, it (to rain). 4. By the end of the year he (to read) about two hundred pages. 5. We were happy when the sun (to rise), for the night (to be) very cold. 6. Where you (to put) my dictionary? I cannot find it anywhere. 7. I (not yet to fall) asleep when the telephone (to ring). 8. What you (to do) from six till nine yesterday? 9. The children (to play) here at eleven o'clock, but now they (to go) home. 10. Go to see your old grandfather as soon as you (to arrive) in Novgorod. 11. At last the librarian (to give) me the book which I (to wait) for during two months. I was very glad. I (to go) home and (to begin) reading it at once. 12. Don't speak to him: he (to be) very busy, he (to do) some very urgent work. 13. I did not want him to go there: I (to be) afraid that something (to happen). 14. I did not notice that my watch (to stop), and when I (to arrive) at the station, my train (to leave) and I (to have) to ask when the next train (to come). 15. He (to wait) for fifteen minutes when at last he (to see) her at the end of the platform.
Не нашли, что искали? Воспользуйтесь поиском: