ТОР 5 статей:
Методические подходы к анализу финансового состояния предприятия
Проблема периодизации русской литературы ХХ века. Краткая характеристика второй половины ХХ века
Характеристика шлифовальных кругов и ее маркировка
Служебные части речи. Предлог. Союз. Частицы
E These pictures show different ways of learning a language. In pairs discuss what they show.
· decide together which ways are the most helpful for learning a language
· say which activities you do, or would like to do
· ask about your partner’s experience
· discuss your reasons for learning a language
3f Look at two columns below. In which column is it possible to use can or be able to after the words? Finish the sentences using your own ideas about learning languages.
3g Complete these sentences using can, can’t where possible or (not) be able to.
1 I always learn a few words of the language when I go abroad.
It’s nice to speak to local people.
2 I’m sorry, can you please repeat that? It’s very noisy and I hear you.
3 I’m going to take extra French Lessons because I want to speak to people when I’m on holiday.
4 It’s great using the Internet.
You learn a lot of new expressions.
5 If you go to Australia for two years, you’ll speak English really well by the time you come back.
6 Why don’t you ask your teacher to recommend a book? She may help you.
7 I’m very sorry, but I’m afraid that
I come to the lesson next week.
8 People who work in the tourist industry usually need to speak more than just one language.
3h Write a list of five things that you can’t do at the moment but you will / might be able to do in the future. Use the ideas to help you. Find out what your partners think they will be able to do in the future.
I can’t drive a car but I might be able to when I’m older.
· read a novel in English / finish the coursebook
· explain the difference between allow, let and permit / read EXTRA ACTIVITIES section
· graduate from university / I am 20-22
· visit the moon / technology becomes cheaper
4a What questions would you ask about the English language?
Here are the most frequently asked ones. Match the questions with the answers from the webpage below:
· Why do people learn English?
· What’s the longest word in English?
· How many people speak English?
· How many words are there in English?
· What’s the most common letter in English?
· Where does English come from?
4b With your partner discuss the following points:
· where the Russian language comes from
· how many people speak/learn Russian
· why people abroad learn Russian
· what is the most frequently used letter in Russian
4c Work in groups. Write a sentence (as long as possible) without any words containing the letter ‘e’. Students whose sentence is the longest are the winners.
Не нашли, что искали? Воспользуйтесь поиском: