ТОР 5 статей:
The Present Continuous Tense
Exercise№1. Open the brackets using verbs in Present Continuous in negative or affirmative form.
Examples: Sue is a secretary. She types letters and documents every day. But today she (not/type). She (shop). – But today she isn’t typing. She is shopping.
1. Nick is a student. He has to study a lot. But at the moment he (not/study). He (listen) to music.
2. Barbara and Mary are shop assistants. They work at supermarket. But today is Sunday, so they (not/work). They (walk) in the park.
3. Irene is a teacher. She gives lessons at London University. But it’s 7 o’clock in the evening and she is at home. She (not/give) any lessons. She (watch) TV.
4. My name is Brian. I’m a taxi-driver. But I’m on holiday now. I (not/drive). I (lie) on a beach.
5. Robert is a writer. He writes novels. But right now he (not/write) anything. He and his wife (have) dinner.
Exercise№2. Make true sentences (affirmative or negative) describing what is happening now.
Exercise№3. Open the brackets using Present Continuous.
1. It’s so quiet in the house. Where are the children? – They (sleep).
2. You (always/come) late. Don’t you realize it’s not polite to keep people waiting?
3. Jane (return) from her holiday tomorrow, … she? – Oh, yes, we are going to meet her at the station.
4. As far as I know, he (not/look) for a new job.
5. What they (work at) at the moment? – I have no idea. They (make) more and more experiments.
6. I (move) to a new flat at the weekend. Perhaps you can help me if you (not/do) anything special.
Exercise№4. Complete the sentences. Use the correct time markers.
1. ____ we’re washing our clothes.
a. Right now b. Every Wednesday
2. ____ we wash our sheets and pillowcases.
a. Now b. Every Wednesday
3. They ____ go to rock concerts.
a. often b. at the moment
4. ____ they’re going to jazz concert.
a. Sometimes b. Now
5. I usually go to the cinema ____
a. once a week b. today
6. I’m going to the theatre ____
a. several times a year b. today
Exercise№5. Play charades. Act out a situation in front of your class. The class guesses what you are doing. Choose one of the following situations.
1. You are watching a sad movie.
2. You a sleeping and snoring.
3. You are reading a very boring book.
4. You are telling your friend a secret.
5. You are eating very spicy food.
6. You are ill. You are coughing and sneezing.
Exercise№6. Find the state verbs in the questions. Then match the questions with the answers.
Exercise№7. Write sentences. Use the present simple tense or the present continuous. Don’t forget about word order.
1. to / book / This / to belong / me
2. to paint / Right now / Don / the kitchen
3. the tape / Michael / to understand, not
4. to wear, not / I / a suit / today
5. now / They / a / car / new / to have
6. now / to rain / It
7. He / to talk, not / at the moment
8. He / a computer / to have
9. They / now / a lesson / to have
Exercise№8. Open the brackets.
1. I (not/belong) to a political party.
2. Hurry! The bus (come). I (not/ want) to miss it.
3. The River Nile (flow) into the Mediterranean.
4. The river (flow) very fast today – much faster than usual.
5. We (have) a party next Saturday. Would you like to come?
6. (it / ever snow) in India?
7. A: Can you drive?
B: No, but I (learn). My father (teach) me.
8. George says he’s 80 years old but I (not/believe) him.
9. Ron (be) in London at the moment. He (stay) at the Hilton Hotel. He usually (stay) at the Hilton Hotel in London.
10. I (not/go) away for my holidays next month because I haven’t got enough money. (you/go) away?
Не нашли, что искали? Воспользуйтесь поиском: