ТОР 5 статей:
We use since with a point in time.
1. I have lived in this village … I was born.
2. My father has been a manager of this firm … ten years.
3. … I moved to York, I have been much happier.
4. She hasn’t bought a new coat … three years.
5. Karen has been on the phone … ages!
6. I have known Neil … 1994.
7. Jane has been my best friend … many years.
Exercise№4. Make sentences according to a model:
The longest poem – learn – This is the longest poem I’ve ever learnt.
1. The most difficult exam – take
2. The most wonderful present – get
3. The funniest joke – hear
4. The cleverest person – meet
5. The best friend – have
Exercise№5. Pair work. Make questions and answers according to a model:
see/this film? – never, twice – Have you ever seen this film? – No, I’ve never seen this film. / Yes, I’ve seen this film twice.
1. Try / to speak Chinese? – never
2. Drive / a car? – several times
3. Break / your arm? – once
4. Be abroad? – twice
5. Learn / poems by heart? – many times
Exercise№6. Open the brackets. Make four types of questions to the following sentences.
1. The students (just / write) a dictation.
2. I’m glad. My friend (help) me to solve a difficult problem.
3. They (already / learn) a poem.
4. Sue (not / tell / yet) her story.
5. Michael (recently / read) “Mary Barton” by Elizabeth Gaskell.
Exercise№7. Choose the correct answer.
1. - What time does the train leave?
- I think it … at 2 o’clock.
A. leaves B. has left C. is leaving
2. – Where are Tom and Sam?
- They … to the supermarket.
A. are going B. go C. have just gone
3. – Is Mandy watching TV?
- No, she … her home work right now.
A. is always doing B. is doing C. does
4. – Have you been for a walk?
- Yes. I often … for walks in the evenings.
A. have gone B. am going C. go
5. – Have you seen any films lately?
- Yes. I … two this week.
A. see B. have seen C. am seeing
6. – What …?
- It’s a piece of cherry pie. Mum made it yesterday.
A. have you eaten B. do you eat C. are you eating
7. – Are you going on holiday this summer?
- Yes, I … enough money.
A. am saving B. have already saved C. save
8. – Where is Jason?
- He … at the swimming pool.
A. is being B. is C. has been
9. – This is a great book!
-Yes, I … it twice already.
A. have read B. read C. am reading
10. - Who does your hair for you?
- My mother usually … it.
A. is cutting B. has cut C. cuts
Exercise№8. Correct the mistakes.
1. Joe plays in the garden at the moment.
2. I am going to work by car every day.
3. The builders finish the block of flats already.
4. He broken his arm.
5. Sam have just finished reading a very interesting book.
6. Water is boiling at 100°C.
7. They are knowing each other since 1985.
8. Tom am a student.
9. Sue is having a car.
10. We go to the cinema tonight.
Exercise№9. Put the verbs in brackets into thePresent Simple or the Present Perfect.
The Tall Ships’ Race
Newcastle City Council (just/make) an announcement that the Tall Ships’ Race will call in there in July on its way to Norway. This competition (take) place every few years and the organisers (hope) this one will be as successful as those in the past.
The race (be) a marvellous sight to see. There (be) hundreds of spectacular sailing ships with participants from many different countries.
The race (start) in Ireland, (go) on in France, then Newcastle before it (end) in Norway. Here will be a celebration for all those who took part in this historic race.
Не нашли, что искали? Воспользуйтесь поиском: