ТОР 5 статей:
The Future Simple Tense
Exercise№1. Match the sentences.
Exercise№2. Make sentences and general questions from the following words. Underline verbs in the Future Simple tense. Translate.
1. will / The doctor / you / in a few minutes / see
2. be / I’ll / back / in an hour
3. pay for / the damage / I’ll
4. Will / help / you / please / me?
5. in a few months / They / forget / their problems / will
6. won’t / his bills / on time / He / pay
7. Will / me / you / marry?
8. arrive / Will / the plane / before dark?
Exercise№3. Answer these questions using the words in brackets.
Example: When do you think he’ll arrive? (expect / tonight) - I expect he’ll arrive tonight.
1. What do you think she’ll say? (probably / nothing) She …
2. Where do you think she’ll go? (expect / London) I …
3. When do you think she’ll leave? (think / tomorrow) I …
4. How do you think she’ll go there? (expect / by train) I …
5. When do you think she’ll be back? (think / quite soon) I …
6. Do you think you’ll miss her? (I’m sure / very much) Yes, …
Exercise№4. Choose the correct answer.
1. Do you have any plans for tonight? – Well, I … to the cinema with Mark.
a) go b) am going c) am going to go d) will go
2. The dress suits you wonderfully! – Yes, I think I … it.
a) will buy b) buy c) am going to buy
3. Do you know that Ann and Andrew … in a month? – Oh, really?
a) will get married b) get married c) are getting married
4. When … the second term …?
a) will…start b) does…start c) is…going to start
5. We … a test on Monday. I have to revise a lot of rules.
a) have b) are having c) will have
6. Why are you buying so much wallpaper? – My husband and I … our flat.
a) are going to redecorate b) will redecorate c) redecorate
7. We … to a new flat next week.
a) are moving b)will move c) move
8. The concert … at 7 p.m. So let’s meet at 6.45 near the concert hall.
a) will begin b) is going to begin c) begins
9. I’m hungry. – Me too. I … some sandwiches.
a) am going to make b) am making c) will make
10) Oh, the bus is so slow! I hope we … late.
a) aren’t going to be b) aren’t c) won’t be
Exercise№5. Put the verbs in brackets in the Present or Future Simple.
1. Before you (leave), don’t forget to shut the windows.
2. When I (see) Tom tomorrow, I (invite) him to our party.
3. I (phone) you as soon as I (arrive) in London.
4. Everyone (be) very surprised if he (pass) the exam.
5. When you (see) Brian again, you (not/recognize) him.
6. We (not/start) dinner until Jack (arrive).
7. (you/be) lonely without me while I (be) away?
8. If I (need) any help, I (ask) you.
9. Come on! Hurry up! Ann (be) annoyed if we (be) late.
Exercise№6. Put the verbs in brackets in the Future Simple, the Present Simple or the Present Continuous.
1. A: (you/do) anything on Friday morning?
B: No, I’m free.
2. A: I (go) to the cinema. Do you want to come with me?
B: What time (the film/start)?
3. A: The new exhibition (open) on April 3d and (finish) on May 31st.
B: I know. I (go) on the first day.
4. A: Excuse me, what time (the train/leave)?
B: At 7.30.
5. A: I’m really thirsty.
B: I (get) a glass of water.
6. A: How old is your sister?
B: She (be) twelve next week.
7. A: What are you doing tonight?
B: I (probably/watch) TV after dinner.
Exercise№7. Work with a partner. Talk about a change that is going to take place in your life or in the life of someone you know. For example, is someone going to get married / graduate from University / retire / start a new job, etc? Tell your partner the change. Then your partner asks questions about the situation. Answer your partner’s questions.
A: My sister is going to get married next month.
B: Oh really! Where is she going to live?
A: She’s going to live in Moscow.
B: What is she going to do?
A: She’s going to look for a new job.
B: Who is she going to marry?
A: A man she met at school.
B: Are they going to have a big wedding?
A: Yes, they are.
Не нашли, что искали? Воспользуйтесь поиском: